Are you newly engaged and ready to begin planning? Typically every bride from the moment that ring hits your finger (if not the day you started dating) you already have ideas of how your wedding will be. Where do you begin? Of course being a wedding planner, I highly recommend hiring a planner immediate for Full Service Planning because it just helps make the whole process easier and enjoyable for you. However, if you feel that is out of your budget or you are not sure right away, a great way to find out is by attending a bridal show or open house.
Bridal shows and open houses are a fabulous way for a couple that does not have an idea of vendors, venues, or styles. Pinterest is great for ideas but it definitely can not find and book your vendors for you. First I want to just let you know the difference between a bridal show and an open house. A bridal show is different from an open house because at bridal shows, there are many different venues there along with vendors. An open house is actually at the venue and they have a preferred amount of vendors there to use for that property. You of course do not have to book at the open house that venue but you will also not have information available on other venues.
I want to share a list of helpful information for any of you that plan on attending one or more of these events to make it actually worth your time.
- Before you attend the event have a list made on exactly what you are looking for (photographer, videographer, DJ, and so on). This way when you arrive and are handed a map, you can circle all the booths you definitely want to see.
- Go as a couple! It is great to get your bridesmaids together and have a fun girls day out but you essentially could be meeting someone that you want to book for your wedding and your fiance will not be there. This would typically mean that instead of having the initial meeting out of the way, you will have to set up an additional appointment to meet them. Plus, vendors love seeing couples together because it shows how involved and in love you two are.
- Share the correct information. Although none of us love having tons of spam emails, these emails will be helpful to you as they are from all of the vendors at the show. Some offer discounts, a free gift or other incentives for booking them so it is a great way to see special offers. You can always opt out as you are receiving them.
- Pricing is key. If you are on a strict budget, you need to be sure to meet vendors that fall within that budget. If someone is significantly out of your budget and you want to book them, it will break your heart. Get information on pricing before you go into getting to know the person.
- Shop around. You are there to find the perfect venue or vendor that completes your style. Be sure to visit multiple booths for each vendor so you can see their different styles, packages, and personalities in order to find the one that best fits you. It is not always best to go with the biggest bargain. Pricing ranges quite a bit, especially in Las Vegas. Make sure your vendor has the experience and quality of work that you wish.
- Ask vendors important questions. Be sure to ask each vendor if they have a business license as well as insurance. Most of the vendors at a bridal show will definitely have this but this is great advice whether you are looking at a show or online. Any one can be a planner or a DJ, be sure that you are actually getting someone that has a reputable company. Most venues require a copy of the license as well as insurance for each vendor.
- Sign up to enter their contest. The vendors already have your contact information from registration so do not be afraid to enter into their giveaways. You will get emails from them regardless and you never know if you could be the winner of a free engagement photo shoot from an awesome photographer.
- Have fun! Enjoy every minute of these shows. They are meant for you to take all the stress off you for your planning experience. Take in everything it has to offer. Enjoy cocktails, sweet tastings, fashion shows, everything they have to offer.
Finally I want to just add, if you still need help finding some vendors you can always hire a wedding planner for partial service planning to help you out. Regardless if you need that or not I always highly suggest having a day of coordinator from an independant company. All venues come with wedding coordinators but most of their responsiblilties fall on the venue side and does not include assisting in setting up any DIY decorations or making sure all of your vendors know how the day is going to flow. Please feel free to contact me for any assistance in planning your gorgeous day!
If you are traveling for a bridal show or open house, please visit Las Vegas Travel Packages to book your stay. Contact me also if you need any assistance on planning your wedding day or vacation stay.
Also save the date for the following upcoming shows and open houses:
Revere Golf Club Open House– Sunday February 26, 2017
The Kosher Bridal and Mitzvah Expo– March 26, 2017
Bridal Spectacular Veils & Vino– August 18-19, 2017
Photo courtesy of Elegant Entertainment