How many times do people really go through a guestbook and read what people wrote? Do we really display these in our homes for everyone to come over and see? Chances are you answered I read it once or never, and no it is in storage somewhere. There is no need for these boring traditional books that no one looks at anymore. Here are fun and unique ways for your guests to enjoy being welcomed to your wedding and also double as adorable home decor after for houseguests to enjoy.
1. Puzzle Pieces- Guests will each sign I piece of the puzzle then on a stay home “date night” you are your spouse can put it together. Makes for really cute wall decor too!
2. Photobook of your Engagement Photos- Engagement photos are fun and really popular now a days but typically most couples only use one or two for their Save the Dates and that is it. Why not get your moneys worth by creating a picture/guest book combo? Really cute idea and this is great to display in your home.
3. Artwork- if you are a couple that loves art or just want your guests to enjoy doing something different at your wedding these pieces are great. Below is the thumbprint photo where guests leave their prints and initials. It’s definitely fun but tricky to tell which guest is who. Makes for a cute wall photo after the wedding. Another way is to have a blank Canvas with your monogram and have guests sign their names in paint.
4. Wishing Stones- this is such a cute idea and actually something I wanted to do. However, you have to make sure you find the correct stones you can write on. I came up with this idea too late for my wedding so as long as you have time you can pretty much find them anywhere (just not in your yard of course). After guests sign them you can add them to vases and they make a gorgeous centerpiece for your dining room.
5. Wine Corks- In my opinion wine weddings are timeless. There are so many evolving ways to keep this “vintage” tradition with a modern twist. I love wine weddings and enjoy creating centerpieces and place cards for them. If you are the wine lover then this is an adorable, easy, and affordable guestbook. All you have to do is collect corks as you drink wine.
6. Picture frame with Border for signing. For the wedding you can add an engagement photo to get the use out of them 😉 But after all your guests sign it and you get your weddings photos back, mount this with your favorite photo.
7. Bench- If your spouse is handy have him build you a bench adn carve your monogram or initials into it. Then have guests sign right on it. This is the perfect piece for your backyard or foyer!
8. Tree stump- Having a rustic wedding? These decorative tree stumps are such a cute idea to tie your guest book into your theme. You can even get them made with your monogram in the center. This is very cute piece to add as a centerpiece to the dining table at your home.
9. Game Pieces- Are you a board game loving couple? Perfect idea is to get your favorite game board and have guests sign it. Every time you have guests over be sure to play the game so they can enjoy all the words of wisdom your guests provided at your wedding. 10. Globe- Couples that love traveling, are from two different countries, or just love globes this is for you. Guests can sign by where they are from, love to travel to, or where they wish to go. Any ideas so that you both get great ideas for your future vacations. Bonus: If there’s enough space have them write their favorite restaurant, hotel, or hangout spot in that area! 11. Note cards/ library cards- This is adorable especially for those of you who are teachers. Guests can pick a catergory they think they know the best advice about and leave you a message. Throughout your marriage anytime you seek advice just go through your little files and take a pick. Find the right display and it doubles as home decor as well.
12. Beach Chair- Similar to the bench, a beach chair is perfect for the surfers or those of you fortunate enough to live on the beach. Even if you are like me and wish you were always on the beach this chair can make you feel that way and give you advice throughout your daily lounging. 13. Initial- A fancy initial is always a cute decoration for your home. It’s always fun (besides changing your credit cards, legal name, and going to the DMV) changing your last name to something different. A great way to be proud of your new name is to have guests sign your initial. You can find letters all over or make them yourself if you can’t find your color scheme.
14. This is similar to the puzzle, however guests can sign pieces of a photo of you. As they sign they can put it back and the picture can be hung on your wall forever.
15. Photo booth book- Having a photobooth at your wedding? Most of them come with your guest book. Guests get to keep a copy of their photo and put one in your book and sign next to it. Definitely keeps them involved in the night activities.
16. Sign Hearts- Whether it is hearts, stars, circles, any shape will do, just have a cute shadow box to display them in. This also makes the perfect piece to display for your friends and family.
Wedding planning should always be exciting and stress free. Traditional wedding ideas are great but it’s always fun for not only you (the couple) but for your guests to see your creativity shine! If you aren’t the most creative person and need assistance in making your wedding unique, please contact me for information in planning that special wedding for you! Most of the photos above have a link directly to them that sends you to where to purchase these from. Enjoy!