Are you newly engaged and ready to begin planning? Typically every bride from the moment that ring hits your finger (if not the day you started dating) you already have ideas of how your wedding will be. Where do you begin? Of course being a wedding planner, I highly recommend hiring a planner immediate for Full Service Planning because it just helps make the whole process easier and enjoyable for you. However, if you feel that is out of your budget or you are not sure right away, a great way to find out is by attending a bridal show or open house.
Bridal shows and open houses are a fabulous way for a couple that does not have an idea of vendors, venues, or styles. Pinterest is great for ideas but it definitely can not find and book your vendors for you. First I want to just let you know the difference between a bridal show and an open house. A bridal show is different from an open house because at bridal shows, there are many different venues there along with vendors. An open house is actually at the venue and they have a preferred amount of vendors there to use for that property. You of course do not have to book at the open house that venue but you will also not have information available on other venues.
I want to share a list of helpful information for any of you that plan on attending one or more of these events to make it actually worth your time.
- Before you attend the event have a list made on exactly what you are looking for (photographer, videographer, DJ, and so on). This way when you arrive and are handed a map, you can circle all the booths you definitely want to see.
- Go as a couple! It is great to get your bridesmaids together and have a fun girls day out but you essentially could be meeting someone that you want to book for your wedding and your fiance will not be there. This would typically mean that instead of having the initial meeting out of the way, you will have to set up an additional appointment to meet them. Plus, vendors love seeing couples together because it shows how involved and in love you two are.
- Share the correct information. Although none of us love having tons of spam emails, these emails will be helpful to you as they are from all of the vendors at the show. Some offer discounts, a free gift or other incentives for booking them so it is a great way to see special offers. You can always opt out as you are receiving them.
- Pricing is key. If you are on a strict budget, you need to be sure to meet vendors that fall within that budget. If someone is significantly out of your budget and you want to book them, it will break your heart. Get information on pricing before you go into getting to know the person.
- Shop around. You are there to find the perfect venue or vendor that completes your style. Be sure to visit multiple booths for each vendor so you can see their different styles, packages, and personalities in order to find the one that best fits you. It is not always best to go with the biggest bargain. Pricing ranges quite a bit, especially in Las Vegas. Make sure your vendor has the experience and quality of work that you wish.
- Ask vendors important questions. Be sure to ask each vendor if they have a business license as well as insurance. Most of the vendors at a bridal show will definitely have this but this is great advice whether you are looking at a show or online. Any one can be a planner or a DJ, be sure that you are actually getting someone that has a reputable company. Most venues require a copy of the license as well as insurance for each vendor.
- Sign up to enter their contest. The vendors already have your contact information from registration so do not be afraid to enter into their giveaways. You will get emails from them regardless and you never know if you could be the winner of a free engagement photo shoot from an awesome photographer.
- Have fun! Enjoy every minute of these shows. They are meant for you to take all the stress off you for your planning experience. Take in everything it has to offer. Enjoy cocktails, sweet tastings, fashion shows, everything they have to offer.
Finally I want to just add, if you still need help finding some vendors you can always hire a wedding planner for partial service planning to help you out. Regardless if you need that or not I always highly suggest having a day of coordinator from an independant company. All venues come with wedding coordinators but most of their responsiblilties fall on the venue side and does not include assisting in setting up any DIY decorations or making sure all of your vendors know how the day is going to flow. Please feel free to contact me for any assistance in planning your gorgeous day!
If you are traveling for a bridal show or open house, please visit Las Vegas Travel Packages to book your stay. Contact me also if you need any assistance on planning your wedding day or vacation stay.
Also save the date for the following upcoming shows and open houses:
Revere Golf Club Open House– Sunday February 26, 2017
The Kosher Bridal and Mitzvah Expo– March 26, 2017
Bridal Spectacular Veils & Vino– August 18-19, 2017
Photo courtesy of Elegant Entertainment
Jen and Pat met with me about a year before their wedding date on a trip to Las Vegas to check out wedding venues. When I met with them it was basically an interview for me as they didn’t know if they needed a wedding planner or even what their exact plans were. I remember the meeting so well because they were going to visit venues after our meeting and they had set up appointments around 12 different venues. All of which were very different from one another. During our meeting even though I wasn’t hired as their planner I gave them planning advice to narrow their choices as it is difficult getting too many options. About a week later, I received an email from Jen thanking me for meeting with them and she claimed they did not take my advice as they should have. Long story short, they booked me that day for their wedding. Jen and Pat are probably two of the sweetest people I have ever met. Both of them had smiles that elimuinated the room when they walked in and when they looked at each other you could see that sparkle in their eyes. The wedding was just as beautiful as them. Throughout the whole process being an indecisive bride, Jen trusted my opinion which could go either way. It is always a risk for any bride or groom not knowing what their venue looks like until the food tasting or even the day of the wedding. I remember being so nervous as we went to their food tasting to show them the venue but it was exactly what they wanted. They loved every detail about their wedding and so did I. Jen actually chose her flowers and they turned out absolutely gorgeous. Every little detail was amazing for their wedding. We loved being part of this event as everyone there had such a good time and was such a great group of people supporting this loving couple. I think the biggest compliment I have ever received was from Jen and she said: “Desi, I feel like a guest and I’m just having so much fun”. This is our ultimate goal for every wedding. Thank you Jen and Pat for having us as part of your wedding day.
Here are some of my favorite photos by the amazing Susie and Will.
Thank you to our amazing creative team that help put this beautiful event together:
Wedding Planner: Desirable Events by Desi
Photographer: Susie and Will
Venue: World Market Center
Catering: Cut and Taste
Florals: Mylo and Shino
Dj, Uplighting, and Photo booth: Elegant Entertainment
Officiant: Pastor Pete
Desserts: Freed’s Bakery
Hair and Makeup: Paper Bag Beauty
Christina and Matt are a gorgeous couple who met in Las Vegas but both have midwestern family roots. I met them a while back but ran into them again just as they were finishing up all their wedding details. Christina seemed a little flustered on how the day would actually turn out and who would direct her vendors, bridal party, and guests. I suggested hiring a day of coordinator and that is how I ended up with this gorgeous event. She needed some advice on the little things such as rentals, table numbers and place cards so I offered my assistance in gathering the few details they had left.
This gorgeous wedding took place on May 9th, 2015 at the Westin Lake Las Vegas. Their guest list of nearly 130 filled up the romantic ceremony space that overlooked the golf course and Lake Las Vegas. It was decorated with flowers and draping by Layers of Lovely, lanterns and mirror stand from Sit on This, and the garden chairs from the Westin. The floral with the lit candles made for the romantic look along with the lake in the background, which was so perfect for this 6pm wedding. The aisle also was alined with rose petals and the entrance for the bridal party was a grand walk. Christina’s Uncle was the officiant for the ceremony and Matt’s sister did a reading which made the two families come together and brought a heart felt touch to the wedding. Prior to the wedding, Christina and Matt did a letter exchange where they shared their love for one another that Matt’s Brother (the best man) exchanged with Christina and they each read aloud for the videographer. They did this in place of their own vows to omit any nervous tension.
Following the wedding the guests stayed in the space and were served cocktails while Christina and Matt took their photos together. About 30 minutes into the outdoor cocktail hour the wind really picked up and eventually we had a few rain sprinkles. The room was ready so most of the guests didn’t even feel a drop of rain as they headed to the ballroom reception space. I was worried about photos of Matt and Christina because there were a ton of outdoor spots they were going to use. Moxie Studio was their photographer and as windy/rainy as it was, they couldn’t have done a better job getting the shots in. They had gorgeous clouds and even a rainbow in their shots. We may not be able to control the weather, but they couldn’t have asked for more perfect timing. Plus, a little rain is good luck right!
The reception was set with similar flower arrangements and lanterns from the ceremony with a few additions. As guests entered they were greeted with a Thank you sign made by one of the bridesmaids as well as their blush glitter place cards that the bride put lots of detail in. Guests sat in beautiful gold chiavari chairs with an ivory cushions and had gold chargers at their place settings. The sweetheart table had a very elegant chandelier above it provided by Sit on This. The reception began with a grand entrance from the large bridal party of 13 plus the cutest little flower girl and ring bearer. Then it was time for the new Mr. and Mrs. Bees to be announced by the amazing DJ Harry O. They look absolutely gorgeous and so in love as they entered. They immediately took the dance floor and danced a choreographed dance to Ed Sheeran’s “Thinking Out Loud”. It was adorable and they danced so elegantly. Following this was a blessing by Christina’s father followed by dinner. After dinner, the best man and maid of honor speeches were made along with a thank you from the couple. The cake cutting of their chic wedding cake by Las Vegas Custom Cakes took place next. Then Christina did a father daughter dance as Lighten Films captured this along with the entire wedding. Finally the dance floor opened for guests to dance and I must say this dance floor was never empty. In the middle, Christina (a former sorority member), asked her Alpha Chi Omega girls to join her on the dance floor. They entered the dance floor with glow sticks which were their wedding favors and danced away to Dj Skrilla’s “Alpha Chi Omega Anthem”. Guests were also handed glow sticks to join in on the fun and they sure danced the night away. I haven’t planned a wedding where when the lights came on and every single guest were still on the dance floor wanting more. They eventually were sent to the hotel bar to continue the celebration. It was such a great group of people and truly an honor to be part of such a gorgeous event.
Thank you so much to all of the Vendors that helped bring this beautiful event together:
Photographer- Moxie Studio
(all photos provided by them…special thanks!)
Chairs- Rosalio Rivera
For more information on planning a gorgeous wedding like this, please feel free to contact me at email@example.com
or (248) 836-8605. Visit our website
to see more of our weddings and events along with our packages