I had the privilege of meeting Stacy & Charles while setting up for a wedding in this gorgeous space. They happened to be doing a walk through of the venue and I had a moment to speak to them. A week later Stacy contacted me and from then on we began planning this beautiful wedding. Stacy is from California and Charles is a local so throughout the year I had the opportunity to meet with them for planning. Every time I met with them they were so sweet and both had a twinkle in their eyes at each other. Charles always had the perfect answer to his bride… “Whatever you want, dear”.
The day began with hair and makeup by Concierge Makeup. The ceremony and reception took place in the Havana Room at the Tropicana Las Vegas. The beautiful flowers were created by the ever so talented Naakiti floral who brought all of Stacy’s visions to life. Stacy provided the vases so all of her local guests had an extra take away from the wedding. The ceremony was officiated by Stacy’s Stepfather which put the perfect personal touch into the wedding. During the ceremony since Stacy was not only gaining a husband but also a son, they did a sand ceremony to unite the three of them. Catering and the exquisite wedding cake was provided by the Tropicana, including the exquisite groom’s cake of a camera (everything edible- see awesome photo below). Charles is a videographer/videographer and with his surprise there wasn’t a cutting of that cake as he wanted to keep it forever. The menu consisted of a three course plated dinner featuring: Lobster Bisque, chipotle caesar salad, guests choice of herb grilled chicken breast or roasted organic salmon. During cocktail hour the bride and groom’s favorite food chicken wings were served. The Chef custom made the wings of their favorites: Buffalo Hot, Salt & Vinegar, Lemon Pepper, and Teriyaki. Also during cocktail hour they had a violinist, Tony B performed. The signature cocktail chosen by them is their favorite drink of Kentucky Mules. All of the photography in this blog and from their wedding day was shot by Indigo Foto. They also had cinema created by K+A Creative. The final personalized touch were their adorable wedding favors of maple syrup. The story behind it being they are each other’s perfect match because one only likes the outside of a pancake and the other only eats the inside so together they have a whole pancake (with maple syrup of course). Stacy & Charles, I could not thank you enough for having us as part of your perfect wedding day. I look forward to seeing your future together!
Please enjoy their wedding photos below and thank you Indigo Foto for capturing every moment:
Thank you so much to our amazing creative team for making this day so special:
Wedding Planner: Desirable Events by Desi
Photographer: Indigo Foto
Videographer: K+A Creative
Floral: Naakiti Floral
Decor: Sit on This
Hair & Makeup: Concierge Makeup
Dj: DJ Pros
Venue: Havana Room at Tropicana
Violinist: Tony B
Jen and Pat met with me about a year before their wedding date on a trip to Las Vegas to check out wedding venues. When I met with them it was basically an interview for me as they didn’t know if they needed a wedding planner or even what their exact plans were. I remember the meeting so well because they were going to visit venues after our meeting and they had set up appointments around 12 different venues. All of which were very different from one another. During our meeting even though I wasn’t hired as their planner I gave them planning advice to narrow their choices as it is difficult getting too many options. About a week later, I received an email from Jen thanking me for meeting with them and she claimed they did not take my advice as they should have. Long story short, they booked me that day for their wedding. Jen and Pat are probably two of the sweetest people I have ever met. Both of them had smiles that elimuinated the room when they walked in and when they looked at each other you could see that sparkle in their eyes. The wedding was just as beautiful as them. Throughout the whole process being an indecisive bride, Jen trusted my opinion which could go either way. It is always a risk for any bride or groom not knowing what their venue looks like until the food tasting or even the day of the wedding. I remember being so nervous as we went to their food tasting to show them the venue but it was exactly what they wanted. They loved every detail about their wedding and so did I. Jen actually chose her flowers and they turned out absolutely gorgeous. Every little detail was amazing for their wedding. We loved being part of this event as everyone there had such a good time and was such a great group of people supporting this loving couple. I think the biggest compliment I have ever received was from Jen and she said: “Desi, I feel like a guest and I’m just having so much fun”. This is our ultimate goal for every wedding. Thank you Jen and Pat for having us as part of your wedding day.
Here are some of my favorite photos by the amazing Susie and Will.
Thank you to our amazing creative team that help put this beautiful event together:
Wedding Planner: Desirable Events by Desi
Photographer: Susie and Will
Venue: World Market Center
Catering: Cut and Taste
Florals: Mylo and Shino
Dj, Uplighting, and Photo booth: Elegant Entertainment
Officiant: Pastor Pete
Desserts: Freed’s Bakery
Hair and Makeup: Paper Bag Beauty
Rochelle and Mark found me all the way from the UK. I didn’t actually meet them until a few days before their wedding but I felt like I knew them forever. I planned their wedding about a year ahead of time so we had lots of contact back and forth. I heard mostly from Rochelle except it was so cute right before they came out to Vegas Mark was planning wedding day morning gifts for his bride to be. We planned a foot/leg massage while she was getting her makeup done that really made her day. He also wanted her favorite sparkling wine and bouquet of flowers delivered to her that morning. It was so sweet. Their wedding was unique because it essentially was a week long for them and all their guests. They all came together and left together on the same flight so this celebration was truly an amazing group of friends and family. Thank you Rochelle and Mark for choosing us to plan your wedding day! Here are a few of my favorite photos from their wedding day.
A special thanks to everyone that helped make this day so perfect:
Wedding Ceremony: Caesar’s Palace Bella Luna
Wedding Reception: Rao’s at Caesar’s Palace
Photobooth: Elegant Entertainment
Photographer: Friend of Bride and Groom
Elvis: All Night Long Entertainment
Can I get married all over again? After attending the Wedding MBA, I saw new trends for 2017 and one stood out completely to me: Floral print. I have always been in love with different floral designs and I would say about 30 percent of my wardrobe has some kind of floral in it. Of course with any trend, it can be over done. Here is a few different ideas to add just the right amount to your wedding day.
- The Dress- Incorporate as little or as much print into your wedding gown or the bridesmaids dresses like the gown:
- The Stationary- Add floral print from the invitations (love it in the envelope liners) to the menus and place cards at the wedding:
- The Cake- adding flowers to the cake is gorgeous but take it to the next leven and test your bakers skills like this:
- The Place Settings- keep it classy with just adding a hint of it. Choose from the napkin, or table runner, or my absolute favorite the charger seen in photo below:
Just keep the patterns similar throughout and simple. Do not have a floral print table cloth, with floral napkin, floral runner, and floral charger. Stick to just a few items spread out throughout the reception. This is a bold new wedding trend and I absolutely love it. If you are willing to try this style or something bold, I would love to be part of your wedding day! Please contact me for more information on all your wedding planning desires!
*All photos are for inspiration as they are not our events. Please click on the actual image to go to the original link.
From the second I met Aaron and Joey I knew I had to be part of their wedding day. Not only for the amazing ideas they had but also just because they showed so much love and passion for each other. Of course I all our couples are in love but these two were different because that sparkle never left their eyes. Meeting them made me realize how important it is to always show your significant other how in love you are with them. They wed over memorial day weekend inside of the Havana Room at the Tropicana. Their request to guests were black tie formal and only black attire. The details that went into this wedding just made it come to life. As a couple in the entertainment business, they had to deliver and did they ever. Aaron even had a chance to perform a beautiful duet with his friend Autumn that he sang to his groom!
Aaron & Joey, thank you for choosing us to be part of your celebration and trusting us throughout the planning process. You both are an inspiration to everyone who knows you. The love you two share does not come often and I am so thankful I was able to witness such a true romance. There was a team of amazing vendors that helped make this wedding possible at the bottom of this post. Lisa and Jamison, thank you for capturing this wedding. I enjoyed working with you both again and can’t wait until the next one! Please enjoy some of my favorite images from this romantic event in Las Vegas, Nevada.
A very special thank you to all of the talent that went into this gorgeous wedding:
Wedding Planner: Desirable Events by Desi
Photographer: Moxie Studio
Floral: Naakiti Floral
Decor: Sit on this
Venue: Tropicana Havana Room
DJ: DJ Tony
Invitations: 1st Impressions Invitations
Tips for Outdoor Vegas Weddings:
- Choose non summer months. Late May through early September the temperatures reach over the 100 degree mark; which is too hot for formal wedding attire. April and October are the best months to have outdoor weddings because temperatures arat between 75 and 85 degrees and sunset is around 6pm.
- Provide a favor to cool the guests. Handing out fans as favors or as programs are a great way to show guests you care and give out information on the wedding.
- For outdoor ceremonies offer guests a welcome cocktail or even just flavored water. One wedding I did provided guests with cucumber water as they entered the outdoor ceremony space and guests loved the refreshing touch.
- Have a backup plan. Although Vegas has mostly beautiful sunny days, there are still times that it may rain or is extremely windy. For rain, it is definitely a wise choice to take the wedding indoors instead. For wind purposes, it is a great idea to check with the venue to see if the location is a wind trap or if I actually blocks the wind. Wind will cause microphone problems that will lose intimacy in your ceremony.
- Decor choices. If you plan on using the beautiful natural look of a venue be sure that what you see months before the wedding is what will be there on your day. Most flowers in Las Vegas bloom certain times of the year and may only last a few weeks. By even seeing your venue a year away will not guarantee the natural scenery will be the same. It’s best to check with the venue on their opinion and also a week before make sure it is how you want it so you have the opportunity to add decor where needed.
- Food. Outdoor weddings sometimes do not have a kitchen facility right at the location so keep in mind food will be transported from somewhere else. You do not want your guests to have cold food that is supposed to be hot or warm food that should have been cold. Check with your caterer before deciding on venue and get a list of recommended food items so that your guests will have a memorable experience.
- Provide sunscreen and/or sunglasses. A cute touch and great favor to five guests are sunscreen packets and sunglasses. This will not only protect them from the sun but later in the evening make for props for photos.
Remember to make sure your day is everything you have desired and also think of the tiniest things to make your wedding stand out to guests. Everyone always appreciates how couples think of all the little things to keep their guests happy. For more advice on planning a Las Vegas outdoor wedding or tips to creating a memorable lasting experience contact Desi at firstname.lastname@example.org.