I typically don’t check email during events but one particular wedding I had downtime waiting for vendors to arrive so checking my email I was surprised and excited by a bride. Her phone number was a 517 area code which meant either she went to Michigan State or lived in Lansing area but either way I knew I had to be part of her wedding day. Kristin had not only lived in Lansing but also was an alumni of my alma mator. To add the icing on the cake, after speaking to Kristin we realized not that we had friends in common but her fiance Regis was actually a college friend of mine. I was so happy the two of them met and fell in love. I remember thinking this is fate, I have to be part of their beautiful wedding day and to my luck they wanted me to be part of it.
The wedding took place in July which is typically not the ideal time for an outdoor wedding in Las Vegas but a dream of Kristin so we made it work. The entire wedding took place at the rustic Springs Preserve. The ceremony was held in the Garden Arbor. It is the perfect romantic space for a group of around 50 guests. Kristin and Regis weren’t the only two uniting in the ceremony but both Kristin’s daughter Kaelyn and Regis’s son mini Regis were gaining parents. The four of them held a special sand unity to show the two families become one. Following the ceremony guests were directed to the cocktail and reception space. Here they enjoyed cocktails and Hors D’oeuvres as the bridal party took photos around the gorgeous site. The dinner was an amazing display of Thyme Roasted Chicken, Roasted Pork Loin, Braised Asparagus & Carrots, Pommee Puree, and Fruit & Chocolate Mousse Cups by Divine Events. After dinner and cake cutting, the guests were out on the dance floor dancing the night away. I had an opportunity to chat with both Kristin and catch up finally with Regis throughout the evening. It was truly a blessing to see how far both Regis and I grew up since our college days. What a beautiful couple and gorgeous event this turned out to be. I need to add in that Kristin is very creative and most of the decor was handmade by her. The photos below by the amazing Elizabeth Le show the true love inspired by this couple:
Thank you Kristin & Regis for trusting me with your day! Also, thank you to our amazing Creative Team:
Wedding Planner: Desirable Events by Desi / Photographer: Elizabeth Le / Venue: Springs Preserve / Caterer: Divine Events / Bouquets & Boutonierres: Naakiti Floral / Chandelier: Sit on This / Decor: Bride
I can’t believe it has already been a year since our gorgeous baby girl was born. She has taught me so much not only about parenting but also about myself in such a short time here. I wanted to share a little bit of Stoli’s first birthday party and her photo shoot.
The theme we chose for her birthday was a Garden Theme. There are so many different ideas for this theme that I drove myself crazy in the beginning wanting to do everything. We chose to have the party at our house since it is the end of May in Las Vegas, our pool was perfect to cool off in. Below are the ideas we used for this perfect little party:
- Welcome Sign: I found a super cute floral poster board from Hobby Lobby and added gold lettering also from there to welcome guests. I made my husband hunt down a wood pallet for the sign to go on.
- Guest book: We used the ever so popular fuji film mini polaroids for our guests to take pictures of themselves and write Stoli a note for her 18th birthday. I’m collecting so many things for her future that I believe will be a nice surprise to her. I made a floral backdrop out of tissue paper and twine for guests to stand in front of. I also purchased adorable photo props through zulily and amazon.
- Outfits: Stoli wore an adorable tutu dress by Grace and Lucille throughout her party. For the cake smash, she wore a birthday girl diaper cover from Hobby Lobby. To clean the cake off of Stoli, she jumped in the pool in her rose floral swimsuit with attached swim diaper from Zulily.
- Flowers: These are obviously a must for a Garden party and although they are beautiful, they can be extremely expensive. I went back and forth a lot about this finally deciding to go with mixed summer bouquets from Sam’s Club that come in a bulk of 10 bouquets (10-12 stems per bouquet). We used the flowers all over the party. I bought watering cans to create centerpieces that were used throughout the space. We have a pergola that I wanted to hang flowers from. We couldn’t use glass though to hang so for the weeks leading up, I had a bright idea about using the Ice drink bottles to hang. I loved the way this turned out and wanted to keep it all summer (but the flowers won’t hold up in this Vegas heat).
- Flower Crown: Along with the floral, we had to have an adorable fresh flower crown for Stoli which was provided by the amazing Naakiti Floral. My go to florist in town for everything!
- Gift Table: Going with the theme, I added one of the centerpieces to the table so it wasn’t empty as guests arrived. I also found an adorable letter S from Hobby Lobby and a birthday chalk sign through zulily to adorn the table. Throughout the party I had banners and decor by Kathy Davis. For a card box, I just turned over a wood crate and added some loose flowers.
- Banners: As mentioned before the banners by Kathy Davis, I added a personalized touch by using wood bunting letters from Hobby Lobby spelling Stoli Vela. I also made a high chair banner with a wood number 1.
- The Menu: I decided to hire a personal chef to cook for the birthday so we could relax and enjoy the event. I chose Fed by Dawn and she did such an amazing job putting everything together. The menu consisted of all kid friendly but adult happy items.
- Dessert Table: I decided to do a dessert table instead of a birthday cake for guests. I ordered rice krispies, pretzels, and cake pops from Party Time Chocolates. Three different macaroons flavors of champagne, raspberry, and coconut. We had garden themed cupcakes made from Sam’s Club and also purchased cotton candy there. The centerpiece and most important part was Stoli’s naked smash cake that was adorned with flowers and a wood “one” cake topper. Her amazing sitter Theresa made the smash cake for both our photo shoot and her party. The dessert table doubled as favors.
- Favors: In addition to the desserts, there were favors for the kids and the adults. The kids were all around 1 year olds so they received a goody bag of a ball, a flower pot duck squirter, gold fish crackers, bubbles (for parents to use). The girls also received mini watering cans with shovel and racks to stick to the theme. The boys received boats. The kids favors were from Oriental trading, Amazon, and Target. The adults went home with a flower pot to watch their own flowers grow which I also found at Target.
- Activities: Since they are babies, I set up an area with all of Stoli’s toys for them to play in. I realized at many 1 year old parties there isn’t an area for the kids to crawl around in so this was number 1 on my list. We also bought a bounce house which Stoli absolutely loved playing in. As I previously mentioned, we had the pool open as well and the daddies enjoyed cooling off with the little ones.
Please check out more photos from the party below:
Stoli had her First Birthday photo shoot that took place at the Dry Lake Bed. We had a gorgeous but windy day although our amazing photographer Susie captured Stoli perfectly. Please check out her amazing work below and visit their website http://www.susieandwill.com to book your next photo shoot or event.
I just want to thank everyone for your help on throwing this gorgeous party for our baby especially the vendors:
Planner: Desirable Events by Desi
Catering: Fed by Dawn
Floral Crown: Naakiti Floral
Tutu Dress: Grace and Lucille (on Etsy)
Photo shoot: Susie and Will
Party photos: My husband RJ & friend Erika
Cake: Theresa (our babysitter)
Desserts: Party Time Chocolates (on Etsy)
Set up and clean up crew: My amazing Mother in Law, best friend Erika & Josh, and everyone else who helped.