Are you newly engaged and ready to begin planning? Typically every bride from the moment that ring hits your finger (if not the day you started dating) you already have ideas of how your wedding will be. Where do you begin? Of course being a wedding planner, I highly recommend hiring a planner immediate for Full Service Planning because it just helps make the whole process easier and enjoyable for you. However, if you feel that is out of your budget or you are not sure right away, a great way to find out is by attending a bridal show or open house.
Bridal shows and open houses are a fabulous way for a couple that does not have an idea of vendors, venues, or styles. Pinterest is great for ideas but it definitely can not find and book your vendors for you. First I want to just let you know the difference between a bridal show and an open house. A bridal show is different from an open house because at bridal shows, there are many different venues there along with vendors. An open house is actually at the venue and they have a preferred amount of vendors there to use for that property. You of course do not have to book at the open house that venue but you will also not have information available on other venues.
I want to share a list of helpful information for any of you that plan on attending one or more of these events to make it actually worth your time.
- Before you attend the event have a list made on exactly what you are looking for (photographer, videographer, DJ, and so on). This way when you arrive and are handed a map, you can circle all the booths you definitely want to see.
- Go as a couple! It is great to get your bridesmaids together and have a fun girls day out but you essentially could be meeting someone that you want to book for your wedding and your fiance will not be there. This would typically mean that instead of having the initial meeting out of the way, you will have to set up an additional appointment to meet them. Plus, vendors love seeing couples together because it shows how involved and in love you two are.
- Share the correct information. Although none of us love having tons of spam emails, these emails will be helpful to you as they are from all of the vendors at the show. Some offer discounts, a free gift or other incentives for booking them so it is a great way to see special offers. You can always opt out as you are receiving them.
- Pricing is key. If you are on a strict budget, you need to be sure to meet vendors that fall within that budget. If someone is significantly out of your budget and you want to book them, it will break your heart. Get information on pricing before you go into getting to know the person.
- Shop around. You are there to find the perfect venue or vendor that completes your style. Be sure to visit multiple booths for each vendor so you can see their different styles, packages, and personalities in order to find the one that best fits you. It is not always best to go with the biggest bargain. Pricing ranges quite a bit, especially in Las Vegas. Make sure your vendor has the experience and quality of work that you wish.
- Ask vendors important questions. Be sure to ask each vendor if they have a business license as well as insurance. Most of the vendors at a bridal show will definitely have this but this is great advice whether you are looking at a show or online. Any one can be a planner or a DJ, be sure that you are actually getting someone that has a reputable company. Most venues require a copy of the license as well as insurance for each vendor.
- Sign up to enter their contest. The vendors already have your contact information from registration so do not be afraid to enter into their giveaways. You will get emails from them regardless and you never know if you could be the winner of a free engagement photo shoot from an awesome photographer.
- Have fun! Enjoy every minute of these shows. They are meant for you to take all the stress off you for your planning experience. Take in everything it has to offer. Enjoy cocktails, sweet tastings, fashion shows, everything they have to offer.
Finally I want to just add, if you still need help finding some vendors you can always hire a wedding planner for partial service planning to help you out. Regardless if you need that or not I always highly suggest having a day of coordinator from an independant company. All venues come with wedding coordinators but most of their responsiblilties fall on the venue side and does not include assisting in setting up any DIY decorations or making sure all of your vendors know how the day is going to flow. Please feel free to contact me for any assistance in planning your gorgeous day!
If you are traveling for a bridal show or open house, please visit Las Vegas Travel Packages to book your stay. Contact me also if you need any assistance on planning your wedding day or vacation stay.
Also save the date for the following upcoming shows and open houses:
Revere Golf Club Open House– Sunday February 26, 2017
The Kosher Bridal and Mitzvah Expo– March 26, 2017
Bridal Spectacular Veils & Vino– August 18-19, 2017
Photo courtesy of Elegant Entertainment
Allison and Brandon are not only a gorgeous couple but their wedding was without a doubt also just as gorgeous. This wedding is different than most of the weddings we plan because instead of becoming lifelong friends after the wedding, we already had a close friendship. In fact, I have basically known Brandon as long as I have known my husband. He lived with us for a few months when I first moved into our home. I will never forget when he met Allison. It was like a spark went off and although we were not there, I knew that he was completely smitten over her. Every time he talked about her he had a glowing smile that you could even “see” when you were just on the phone with him. When we had the chance to meet Allison, the second I said Hello to her, I knew one day these two would marry. Both of them just had this contagious love and smile from the very start of their relationship.
Living locally in Las Vegas, they decided to escape Sin City and wed in the ever so beautiful South Lake Tahoe. Their wedding took place at Edgewood Tahoe. The outdoor ceremony overlooking the mountains and the lake was breathtaking. This is a backdrop that you can’t find as it is just the natural beauty of the land. The reception was also at Edgewood just inside with the same views that looked unbelivable as the sunset. The bridal party made their grand entrance letting guests know that it was time to party by toasting with shots of tequila. Everyone at this wedding definitely had an amazing time as the dance floor never had room. Thank you Allison and Brandon for trusting us to be part of your wedding day. A huge thank you to their amazing photographer Nina Photography for capturing their day. Here are some of my favorite photos from their wedding day:
A huge thank you to all of the creative team that helped make this stunning wedding come to life:
Wedding Planner: Desirable Events by Desi
Photographer: Nina Photography
Videographer: Xoxo Video
Venue: Edgewood Tahoe
DJ: Lake DJ
Flowers: Rose Petals
Officiant: I Do Tahoe Weddings
Hair/Makeup: Tahoe Weddings A-Go-Go
Violinist/Guitar Duo: Avalanche Acoustic Duo
Jen and Pat met with me about a year before their wedding date on a trip to Las Vegas to check out wedding venues. When I met with them it was basically an interview for me as they didn’t know if they needed a wedding planner or even what their exact plans were. I remember the meeting so well because they were going to visit venues after our meeting and they had set up appointments around 12 different venues. All of which were very different from one another. During our meeting even though I wasn’t hired as their planner I gave them planning advice to narrow their choices as it is difficult getting too many options. About a week later, I received an email from Jen thanking me for meeting with them and she claimed they did not take my advice as they should have. Long story short, they booked me that day for their wedding. Jen and Pat are probably two of the sweetest people I have ever met. Both of them had smiles that elimuinated the room when they walked in and when they looked at each other you could see that sparkle in their eyes. The wedding was just as beautiful as them. Throughout the whole process being an indecisive bride, Jen trusted my opinion which could go either way. It is always a risk for any bride or groom not knowing what their venue looks like until the food tasting or even the day of the wedding. I remember being so nervous as we went to their food tasting to show them the venue but it was exactly what they wanted. They loved every detail about their wedding and so did I. Jen actually chose her flowers and they turned out absolutely gorgeous. Every little detail was amazing for their wedding. We loved being part of this event as everyone there had such a good time and was such a great group of people supporting this loving couple. I think the biggest compliment I have ever received was from Jen and she said: “Desi, I feel like a guest and I’m just having so much fun”. This is our ultimate goal for every wedding. Thank you Jen and Pat for having us as part of your wedding day.
Here are some of my favorite photos by the amazing Susie and Will.
Thank you to our amazing creative team that help put this beautiful event together:
Wedding Planner: Desirable Events by Desi (www.desirableevent.com)
Photographer: Susie and Will (www.susieandwill.com)
Venue: World Market Center (www.lasvegasmarket.com)
Catering: Cut and Taste (www.cutandtastelv.com)
Florals: Mylo and Shino (www.myloandshino.com)
Dj, Uplighting, and Photobooth: Elegant Entertainment (www.elegantlv.com)
Officiant: Pastor Pete (www.elegantvegasweddings.com)
Desserts: Freed’s Bakery (www.freedsbakery.com)
Hair and Makeup: Paper Bag Beauty (www.paperbagbeauty.co)
When I met Sara and TJ, I knew I had to immediately be part of their wedding. They got married in June in Las Vegas and I never encourage an outside reception but theirs was brilliant. I will add first, the family was coming in from the Ukraine and couldn’t wait to attend a traditional American wedding but this is not quite what they experienced. The wedding ceremony was a beautiful traditional ceremony at the Sayer’s Club inside SLS. Their guests were told though to wear resort casual and even their swimsuits. Many were stunned when they invites arrived and no on showed up to the ceremony in their swimsuits. Everyone did however come to the cocktail hour and reception in their beach wear and ready to take a dive in the pool. Their reception took place at the Lux Pool at SLS and it was a pool party reception. They had the huge swan and flamingo rafts as decor for the pool so guests could enjoy a float on them. This definitely wasn’t your traditional wedding reception but it was a huge hit. This wedding was so much fun to plan and it truly was a great idea. I encourage all of my summer couple’s if they must get married in Vegas in 100 + degree weather, why not do a fun nontraditional reception.
Here are a few of my favorite photos by the amazing David Burke:
A big thank you to our creative team for making this wedding so perfect:
Wedding Planner: Desirable Events by Desi (www.desirableevent.com)
Photographer: David Burke (http://davidburkephoto.com)
Floral: Naakiti Floral (http://naakitifloral.com)
Officiant: Nick Amon
DJ: DJ Uffe Moller
Uplighting: Elegant Entertainment (http://elegantlv.com)
GOBO: All Night Long Entertainment (http://www.goallnightlong.com)
Cake: Groom’s Aunt
Doughnut Cake: Pink box doughnuts (http://pinkboxdoughnuts.com) (*cake was created by Desirable Events by Desi)
*All photos provided by David Burke. Please do not copy or alter any of the photos.