Tips for Outdoor Vegas Weddings:
- Choose non summer months. Late May through early September the temperatures reach over the 100 degree mark; which is too hot for formal wedding attire. April and October are the best months to have outdoor weddings because temperatures arat between 75 and 85 degrees and sunset is around 6pm.
- Provide a favor to cool the guests. Handing out fans as favors or as programs are a great way to show guests you care and give out information on the wedding.
- For outdoor ceremonies offer guests a welcome cocktail or even just flavored water. One wedding I did provided guests with cucumber water as they entered the outdoor ceremony space and guests loved the refreshing touch.
- Have a backup plan. Although Vegas has mostly beautiful sunny days, there are still times that it may rain or is extremely windy. For rain, it is definitely a wise choice to take the wedding indoors instead. For wind purposes, it is a great idea to check with the venue to see if the location is a wind trap or if I actually blocks the wind. Wind will cause microphone problems that will lose intimacy in your ceremony.
- Decor choices. If you plan on using the beautiful natural look of a venue be sure that what you see months before the wedding is what will be there on your day. Most flowers in Las Vegas bloom certain times of the year and may only last a few weeks. By even seeing your venue a year away will not guarantee the natural scenery will be the same. It’s best to check with the venue on their opinion and also a week before make sure it is how you want it so you have the opportunity to add decor where needed.
- Food. Outdoor weddings sometimes do not have a kitchen facility right at the location so keep in mind food will be transported from somewhere else. You do not want your guests to have cold food that is supposed to be hot or warm food that should have been cold. Check with your caterer before deciding on venue and get a list of recommended food items so that your guests will have a memorable experience.
- Provide sunscreen and/or sunglasses. A cute touch and great favor to five guests are sunscreen packets and sunglasses. This will not only protect them from the sun but later in the evening make for props for photos.
Remember to make sure your day is everything you have desired and also think of the tiniest things to make your wedding stand out to guests. Everyone always appreciates how couples think of all the little things to keep their guests happy. For more advice on planning a Las Vegas outdoor wedding or tips to creating a memorable lasting experience contact Desi at email@example.com.